I love love...
I'm talking truly, madly, deeply, head over heels, can’t live without it, epic 80’s movie, heart exploding, soul changing, earth shattering kind of love love.
I fall fast and love fiercely - always have, always will - and after receiving my first DSLR camera as an early Christmas gift in 2011, that fast and fierce mentality opened up my world in ways I never could have dreamed of.
With a camera in my hand, loving love just made sense. Things came into focus and I knew that I had found what I needed to make my heart happy and feed my soul. I'd found a way to spread love by documenting and sharing the everyday moments that are filled with it. Through my lens I see love everywhere (insert rose colored glasses and floating heart bubbles here), but the truly amazing thing is that other people see it too. Through my photos, their laughter, passion, and joy amidst the chaos of real life tells their honest, beautiful stories, and I feel my own life changing with every release of the shutter.
A little more about me-
- I. LOVE. MY. JOB. Seriously, I have the best job in the world and love every minute I get to spend with my clients and their families. I love the love that they have for each other.
- I live in Atlanta, GA with my wonderful husband, Chris, our beautiful sons, Coulter 3 and Lowry 1, and our two dogs, Fen & Odie. I absolutely love the little life we are making together.
- I am a graduate of Auburn University and bleed orange and blue. Chris is a Georgia Bulldog through and through, but we have created a system of house flags and Christmas ornaments that help keep the peace. War Damn Eagle!
- Never play Scene It FRIENDS with me unless A) you are on my team or B) you like to lose. I often think about how much smarter I could be if my brain wasn't filled with every single line from every single episode ever made. Then I remember Friends is awesome and move on with my day.
- I am completely infatuated with our boys and all of the details that make up their tiny world right now. I can't tell you how lucky I am that they love the camera as much as they do.
- A few things I love most- my incredibly supportive family, our amazing friends who collectively make up a mob of "aunts" and "uncles" for our son to love, having my mom play with my hair, cleaning our house while listening to Christmas music (year round), Law & Order marathons, playing on the big kid swings, COFFEE, spontaneous dance parties, yoga, and anything that makes me laugh so hard my belly is sore the next day.
I am incredibly blessed to be welcomed into the homes and lives of my clients and am humbled every time I am invited to help them tell the stories they want to remember forever.
Oh! And HI my life is C R A Z Y !!!!!!
As someone who typically shot anything and everything that came across my plate, not wanting to pass on any opportunity to grow as a photographer, it took the birth of my son for me to realize what I truly wanted to focus on and why.
Coulter was born on June 21, 2014 and the second I held him in my arms I knew my world would never be the same. Becoming a mother changes you; it turns your world upside down and inside out in a way that is so profound and amazing you didn’t know something so good and satisfying could exist. When something changes you to your core the way having a child does, everything shifts. Everything. The way I saw myself, especially as a photographer, was forever altered.
One of my incredibly talented friends, Elicia Bryan (who just so happens to be a kick ass photographer), was there on the day Coulter was born. She was with us through most of my labor, all 31 hours of it, working hard to give me one of the greatest gifts of my life. The photos she took of Chris and I on the day we became a family of three are so precious to me. We worked hard to bring our son into this world and the story of his birth is the story of our family. I get emotional every time I look back at our birth and am incredibly blessed to have those memories so beautifully frozen in time; not only for us and our families to look back on but for Coulter to see later in life and know how much he was loved from the very beginning.
Motherhood has given me a completely new perspective on how beautiful raw, unfiltered, messy, everyday love is. How the tiniest moments with my son, the ones that get lost in the chaos of our day, are the ones I want to remember forever but somehow seem to forget so quickly. So I make sure to grab shots of the “tiny epics”; the way his feet cross over each other and he rolls his toes when he plays, how his hair curls at his neck when he is sweaty from playing at the park, how he grabs my hand to lead me on small adventures around our kitchen table, the way his face lights up like a dang Christmas tree when his papa gets home from work.
Changing the way that I document my own family has led to a shift in the way I approach my business as a whole. With the birth of our second son, Lowry, on September 03, 2017 I have never been more sure that my passion lies in photographing the tiny epics of life as is. Whatever it is that is most important to you at this very moment is what I want to capture; your story is the one I want to tell. Real life is beautiful; no posing or staging necessary. I want my photographs to capture the stories of real life, of your life. Stories of amazing days and of every day. Stories of unconditional love and sheer happiness. Stories of silliness and laughter. Stories of the perfect imperfections, the little details, the organized chaos that’s fills every day. The stories of your beautiful life as is; with laundry piled in the corner, coffee being brewed and consumed by the truckload, toys scattered around the house, laughter echoing in your halls. The stories of all of those seemingly inconsequential moments that you want to remember forever because they are precious. Those are the moments that make up the story of your family; those are the moments that I will help you document, capture and hold onto forever.